Spunky Tells All
written by Ann Cameron
- A Bank Street College of Education Best Book of 2012
- A 2012 Maryland Blue Crab Young Reader Award honor book
- A 2012-2013 Alabama Camellia Children's Choice Award selection
- A 2014 Beverly Cleary Children’s Choice Award nominee
- Texas's Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District--Spunky Tells All has won inclusion in Houston schools' 2013-2014 "Horned Toad Tales" reading list. In the coming year, 110,000 young Houston readers will have the chance to choose their favorite book from the twenty on the list.
Spunky the dog would be happy to share all of his secrets, if only his human family spoke his language. But no matter how hard he tries to talk, it's all "yerf!" to them. Through a series of unfortunate miscommunications, his family decides that Spunky wants a friend--specifically, a cat. Spunky can't imagine anything worse than having to share his family, especially Huey and Julian, with the snobby Balinese Fiona. But when headstrong Fiona keeps getting into trouble and it's up to Spunky to save her, he is astonished to find that being her protector has given his life new purpose and meaning. The latest addition to the beloved Huey and Julian series, which includes the popular The Stories Julian Tells (featured on an Oprah.com summer reading list).